Why Is It Important to Do Staff Photos?
It can be easy to forget in today’s digitized business world that companies are ultimately made up of a group of individuals working together toward common goals. More companies are offering remote and hybrid working options, which can make it harder to remember humans are behind their success. Staff photos are a great way to show your clients the human side of your company. Hiring a business photographer can ensure you get high-quality corporate headshots for your website so you display a professional image to the world. Why is it important to do staff photos? Here’s an in-depth look at the answer to this question.
Why Employee Photos Matter
You may have seen employee photos on company recruiting sites, used to promote a company’s services or products, and in annual reports. Why is it important to do staff photos? Pictures can be transformational to a company by giving it a face. Here are a few of the benefits you can expect from staff or team photos.
- Staff photos on marketing materials, correspondence, and your website can make your company more approachable.
- Professional headshots display your business’s personality to potential clients.
- They are helpful on your company intranet, especially if you provide an employee list, which is beneficial for new employees trying to navigate a new workplace.
- Staff photographs can be helpful as personal resources for your employees.
- Expand your employee base by attracting new talent with professional employee photos.
- Photos can help make your company more “human.”
Importance of Team Photos on a Company Intranet
How important are team or employee photos on a company intranet? After all, only employees with access will be able to see them. Here are some of the reasons it’s important to include staff photos on your intranet and how it helps to strengthen your company.
- Internal Communications. As more people work remotely, it can be more difficult for staff members to put a face to a name, especially if they are working with new colleagues. Being able to associate a face with a name is essential for smooth internal communication, as well as helping avoid awkwardness when staff meets up in person.
- Sense of Pride and Value. Headshots on the company intranet can be a treat for employees and provide a sense of belonging and pride. When a company invests in professional headshots for staff, it makes them feel more valued.
- Cohesive Branding. Photography is a powerful tool when it comes to branding. By taking photos of your staff, you can create a unique image that clients associate with your business. More importantly, you can ensure all your staff is on the same page when it comes to branding, building a cohesive, single voice behind your brand.
- Build Internal Trust. If you want your clients to trust you, it’s important that you build trust between team members. By putting staff photos up on your company’s intranet, you demonstrate that you stand behind them and trust them.
- Manage Staff Changes. Individual headshots help management handle staff changes more easily. Businesses have turnover, and staff is expected to come and go. Having professional headshots makes it easier to change images when there is a change in staffing.
Importance of Employee Photos on a Company Website
How important are employee photos on a company website? In short, extremely important. Think of it as putting your best foot forward when meeting someone for the first time. Here are a few of the top reasons to include staff photos on your website.
- “Meet the Team” or “About Us” Page. A prospective client will look for a team or about page on your website to get a feel for the vibe of your business. Professional headshots on these company pages blend together to convey your company values. Headshot photos, the dress code, lighting, background, and staff expressions all come together to make a statement about your company.
- Recruitment Tools. It’s not only potential clients checking out your “Meet the Team” or “About” pages. It may also be potential recruits. They may be looking to determine whether your company is a good match for them. They may be checking to see how diverse your team is in terms of gender, ethnicity, and age.
- Authenticity. Including a few images of your real employees working instead of using stock images on your website helps create trust and authenticity. It gives clients and potential clients a good sense of what your company does. It’s also a great opportunity to demonstrate your operating environment.
- Social Media Connection. Headshots of your staff on social media usually get more engagement than stock images. You can use them for creating employee spotlights or celebrating staff milestones.
Choosing a Photographer
Think of your staff photos as an introduction, a first impression, and a chance to present your business and brand to potential customers. To leave the best first impression, you need to choose a professional headshot photographer who you are comfortable with and confident in their skills. Make sure you like their previous work and that they have positive reviews. Choosing a great photographer will maximize the impact and effectiveness of your staff photos.
Contact Kyle Bondeson Today!
Are you ready to schedule a photo shoot for your staff photos? Contact Kyle Bendeson Photography by using this convenient online form. Kyle has over 15 years of professional experience and offers competitive pricing options. He can answer your questions and ensure that you get the high-quality staff photos you are looking for.